Home Travel Grants
FEBS YTF Awards
A limited number of FEBS Youth Travel Funds (YTF) Awards are available to support participation of early-career scientists in this event. These funds will cover the registration fee (601,- € including costs of event meals, and shared accommodation in a twin room). The selection of applicants to receive FEBS YTF awards will be carried out by the Course Organizers on the basis of your motivation letter, reference letters, and financial situation, and approved by the FEBS Treasury Office according to the FEBS YTF eligibility criteria (also shown below).
Application and notification of outcome:
Please check the Applications section of the website. In the platform's registration system, (i) include proof of your society membership in the file you upload with supporting documents, and (ii) answer yes to the question asking about interest in applying for a travel award.
Applicants selected by the Course Organizers will be notified upon acceptance to the course and receive a FEBS Treasury YTF form, to be returned to the FEBS Treasury for approval approximately 8 weeks before the event's start date.
Eligibility criteria for applicants travelling from the FEBS area of Europe and neighbouring regions:
- The applicant should be not older than 35, should be registered as a PhD student at an institute of higher learning in a country where there is a FEBS Constituent Society or should be a postdoctoral scientist within five years of having completed a PhD thesis, working in a country where there is a FEBS Constituent Society;
- The applicant must be a member of a FEBS Constituent Society and provide a valid certificate of membership (for FEBS Constituent Societies, see the Our Members section of the FEBS website);
- The applicant should not have received a grant from the Youth Travel Fund to attend a FEBS Course / Workshop in the current year or previous year, nor a Bursary to attend the FEBS Congress in the current year, nor a grant to attend the FEBS Young Scientists’ Forum in the current year;
- The applicant cannot be a resident of the country hosting the event;
- For awards with travel funding, only travel within the FEBS area from the applicant’s current country of residence to the country hosting the FEBS event is supported;
- Young scientists from the Organizers’ laboratories are not eligible for FEBS YTF awards.
ISHAM grantsISHAM will offer five grants for travel support or a reduction of the course tuition fee (365 Euro each) for non-west-European, non-American participants who are Young ISHAM members.
Please indicate with your application whether you wish to apply for one of these grants and whether you are a Young ISHAM member (https://www.isham.org/young-isham).
Other travel grants
We are currently seeking support for travel grants from various sources - this page will be updated once we received decisions. Various eligibility criteria may apply and will likewise be posted here.
Please consider applying for travel grants within your country or on a European level (e.g. Erasmus + https://ec.europa.eu/programmes/erasmus-plus/opportunities/how-to-apply_en)